Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for appointment of Five (05) Junior Research Fellow (JRFs) in Zoological Survey of India on temporary basis initially for a period of two years, may be extended for further period if found suitable.
(i) Educational Qualification: Master Degree in Zoology from a recognised University.
(ii) Desirable Qualification: NET or GATE qualified or M.Phil Degree
(iii)Age Limit: The upper age limit for general candidate is 28 years on the date of publication of this advertisement (Relaxable by five years for SC/ST/PH candidates and by three years for OBC candidates.
(iv) Fellowship: Rs. 12,000/- per month + Admissible HRA as per rule.
For detailed information and application form please visits ZSI Website http//www.zsi.gov.in.
The last date of submission of application form is 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for appointment of Junior Research Fellow
(JRFs) in Zoological Survey of India.
Junior Research Fellow: 05
Master degree in Zoology from a recognized University with minimum 55% marks. NET or GATE qualified or M.Phil degree in Taxonomy or Biosystematics of any animal group with working knowledge of computer.
Salary: Rs. 12,000/- + Admissible HRA (As per rules)
1. Place of posting: JRFs may be posted in any of the Centres of Zoological Survey of India located at Calicut, Chennai, Canning, Digha, Dehradun, Gopalpur, Hyderabad, Itanagar, Jodhpur, Jabalpur, Kolkata, Patna, Pune, Port Blair, Solan and Shillong.
2. The upper age limit is 28 years as on date of publication of this advertisement. The age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years, as in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
3. Junior Research Fellows will be appointed initially for a period of two years and if found suitable may be appointed further.
4. The post is purely on temporary basis and mere appointment of JRF does not confer any rights, implicit or explicit for consideration for regularisation or absorption in ZSI as an employee.
5. JRFs will be entitled for Medical Benefits as per the extent rules. However, JRFs will not be entitled to any other benefits during and after the expiry of their fellowship tenure.
6. Candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of their qualification and experience. Mere possession of qualification and experience may not entertain a candidate called for interview or selection.
7. Short listed candidates will be informed through email and speed post for appearing the interview.
8. The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://zsi.gov.in.
9. The authority may at its discretion to conduct a written test of selection for candidates to be called for interview.
10. No travelling allowance will be paid for appearing in the written test. However, candidates called for interview from a distance beyond 8 km will be paid Sleeper or 2nd Class Railway fare or Ordinary Bus fare by shortest route of journey performed on production of original valid tickets. Incomplete application and application without DD will be rejected.
11. Canvassing of any form will be disqualification of the applicant and rejection of application.
12. The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right of selection or rejection of a candidature and cancellation of the advertisement.
The application should be made strictly as per format given below (can also be downloaded from the ZSI Website http:www.zsi.gov.in) with attested copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof for date of birth etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from present employer (if employed), SC/ST/OBC/PH Certificate and a latest passport size colour photograph (to be pasted on application form) and account payee demand draft (DD) of Rs.400/- (Rs.200/- for OBC applicants, Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PH applicants) payable to Accounts Officer, PAO (BSI/ZSI), Kolkata should reach in a sealed envelope addressed to The Director, Zoological
Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-53 by Speed Post/Registered Post superscribed on the top of the envelope Application for the post of JRF” within 30 days from the date of publication.